I know it sounds a little icky but I’ve wanted to try making an avocado cacao mousse for a while. I looked at a few recipes online and gave it a crack and it was, well, completely inedible. So changed it around a bit, added a couple of additional ingredients and it worked a treat.
This mousse is not sickly sweet like the traditional chocolate mousse. The cacao nibs give a nice texture and the tartness of the raspberries add another dimension to the flavour.
I purchase organic cacao powder and nibs, you can buy it online at Bulk Wholefoods and have it delivered straight to your door.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 well-ripened banana
- 3/4 cup chilled coconut cream
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup (or preferred sweetener)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt flakes
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- Blend together all of the ingredients, except for the cacao nibs and raspberries, until smooth
- Stir cacao nibs through blended mixture
- Spoon into small serving bowls
- Refrigerate until well chilled (about 2 hours)
- Top with raspberries to serve