I’m no longer much of a sweets person but occasionally have something on hand in case that seek urge strikes. My Sesame, Nut & Seed Slice is a simple, no-bake treat to prepare and is packed full of yummy goodness.
With no added sugar, the sweetness in this slice comes from the addition of the figs and rice malt syrup.Using coconut oil as the binder you will need to store this slice in the as it will fall apart if it gets too warm.
This slice is gluten, lactose and sugar free as well as being suitable for those following a vegan diet.
- 3/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- 6 dried figs, stem removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tabs chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- Lightly spray slice pan with olive oil spray and line with baking paper
- Put nuts, seeds and coconut in a medium size saucepan and toast until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool in saucepan
- Place all other ingredients in with nuts, seeds and coconut and mix until combined
- Press mixture firmly into tin and refrigerate
- This recipe needs to remain refrigerated as the coconut oil will melt in warm weather will cause the slice to loose its form